Eldercare Resources & Links
Find resources on money, housing, health, consumer protection, and more.
+ American Society on Aging
- American Society on Aging This non-profit organization works to educate seniors, their families and aging professionals on aging issues.
- 2112-1-1 is an easy to remember telephone number that, where available, connects people with important community services and volunteer opportunities. The implementation of 2-1-1 is being spearheaded by the United Way and referral agencies in local communities.
- AARPThe Advocacy Organization for people 50 and over has links to information on current news and political issues, cooking, exercise, health tips, computers, technology, and research results.
+ Alzheimer’s Association
- Alzheimer’s AssociationDedicated to researching the preventions, cures and treatments of Alzheimer’s disease.
+ American Cancer Society
- American Cancer SocietyLearn about cancer. What it is, signs and symptoms, and its devastating effects on people.
+ American Health Care Association
- American Health Care AssociationAs the nation’s largest association of long term and post-acute care providers, AHCA advocates for quality care and services for frail, elderly, and disabled Americans. Our members provide essential care to approximately one million individuals in 11,000 not-for-profit and proprietary member facilities.
+ American Heart Association
- American Heart AssociationLearn more about the American Heart Association’s efforts to reduce death caused by heart disease and stroke.
+ Area Agencies on Aging
- Area Agencies on Aging To help older persons and persons with disabilities live with dignity and choices in their homes and communities for as long as possible. Local Agency locator.
+ Benefits Check Up
- Benefits Check UpThis National Council on the Aging website guides users through a questionnaire that ends with a detailed explanation of all the government benefits they or a loved one are entitled to.
+ State of Hawaii – Executive Office on Aging
- State of Hawaii – Executive Office on AgingThe Executive Office on Aging (EOA) is the designated lead agency in the coordination of a statewide system of aging and caregiver support services in the State of Hawaii, as authorized by federal and state laws.
+ Caregivers Resources
- Caregivers’ Resources Help providing care, benefits, long-distance caregiving, legal matters, support for caregivers, etc.
- Consumer Affairs Has a great everything you could ever need to know guide to medical alert systems. www.consumeraffairs.com
+ Eldercare Locator
- Eldercare Locator Locate community services in their neighborhoods.
- ElderWeb An Online Elder Care Sourcebook
+ Family Caregiver Alliance
- Family Caregiver Alliance A resource center dedicated to the needs of family member caregivers.
+ The Forgetting: A Portrait of Alzheimer’s
- The Forgetting: A Portrait of Alzheimer’sThe Forgetting is a Primetime Emmy award-winning documentary that takes a dramatic, compassionate, all-encompassing look at the growing epidemic of Alzheimer’s disease. The cornerstone of the project is a 90-minute documentary based on David Shenk’s best-selling book. Like Shenk’s book, the documentary weaves together the history and biology of the disease, the intense real-world experiences of Alzheime’s patients and caregivers, and the race to find a cure.
+ Meals on Wheels
- Meals on WheelsMeals on Wheels, a national program with local chapters throughout the country, strives to eliminate malnutrition and hunger in the elderly population.
- Medicare This is the official website for people with Medicare.
+ National Council on the Aging
- National Council on the Aging A national network of organizations and individuals dedicated to improving the health and independence of older persons.
+ National Hospice Foundation
- National Hospice FoundationThis organization is a good resource for those looking for information on end-of-life care. It provides a thorough explanation of what hospice care is, how to choose a hospice care program and where to find programs throughout the United States.
+ NIH Senior Health
- NIH Senior HealthNational Institutes of Health is your source for Health and wellness information geared to older adults.
+ Nursing Home Comparison
- Nursing Home Comparison This website allows users to compare Medicare and Medicaid qualified nursing homes.
+ Senior Citizens’ Resources
- Senior Citizens’ Resources Find government resources for seniors on money, housing, health, consumer protection, and more.
+ Social Security Administration
- Social Security Administration This is the official website of the Social Security Administration.
+ Social Security Administration
- US Department of Veterans Affairs The website provides Veteran’s benefits and contact information for all state chapters.
+ The American Geriatrics Society
- The American Geriatrics SocietyThe American Geriatrics Society (AGS) is a not-for-profit organization of over 6,000 health professionals devoted to improving the health, independence and quality of life of all older people.
+ Hawaii Executive Office on Aging – AgingCare.com
- Hawaii Executive Office on Aging – AgingCare.comArea Agencies on Aging (AAAs) are local aging programs that provide information and services on a range of assistance for older adults and those who care for them
+Hawaii’s Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
- Hawaii’s Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
helps older adults, individuals with disabilities, and family caregivers find options for long term supports and services available to them in the State of Hawaii.